The world’s most useful plant
February 19 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm£5
Presentation of word, image and texture of the past 12 years work of Simon and Ann’s “flaxland” developing, educating, growing crops for nutrition and textiles. In the absence of any home flax fibre industry they create their own artisan tools to process the plant by hand ready for spinning and weaving; striving to develop a viable home ready product on the hills above Stroud.
In addition, they are involved with the UK bio composite industry in developing alternative natural materials for fabric covered boats which are their passion.
- “Touched by the Sun” inspirational short film of flaxland canoe journey
- Talk about flax, linseed and Linen
- Finding the fibre demonstration of plant to thread
- Traditional use of flax
- Film of present day European flax production
- Talk Flax and Nutrition – a crop for a sustainable future
- Bio composite film
- Future of Flax growing in the Uk
- Q and A
Ticket contributions go towards SARA – Severn Area Rescue Association